Communication and Documentation are the key components in resolving conflicts, expressing concerns and receiving good care. The best methods to ensure your loved one’s needs met are to
- Address them to the right person
- Put your concerns in writing. The (6) Dimensions listed below will help you present your concerns clearly and concisely to the various individuals who can and are responsible for ensuring quality services are provided to the residents in their care.
- Who do I speak to about my concern ?
- What is it about the care that troubles me ?
- Where does this problem occur ?
- When did I realize that something wasn’t right ?
- Why is this happening ?
- How often is this problem occurring ?
Your regional ombudsman is also available to help address any concerns you may have.
Adult Protective Services, housed within each county’s Department of Social Services assists with issues of abuse, neglect or exploitation of seniors.